Wrap yourself in a fantastic journey, a remarkable commitment, and a spare and splendid story. Master storyteller Jane Kirkpatrick extols the beautiful treasures, unknown to a wider public, rediscovered in the Old Aurora Colony of Oregon’s lush Willamette Valley.
The people and legacy of Aurora, a utopian community founded in the mid-1800s, will stir your imagination, hopes, and dreams; and remind you that every life matters—that our lives are the stories other people read first.
- Unique and treasured quilt pattern variations
- More than 100 photographs, many never-before published, from 1850 to today
- Cherished stories from Aurora descendants
- Rich images of fine crafts from the Aurora Colony and private collections
- An introduction by renowned American artist John Houser
Aurora is about the difference every ordinary life can make—and a beautiful celebration of a time and place in which people expressed their most cherished beliefs through the work of their imagination and hands.
Buy this book from Random House.