Saturday, May 16, 2009

History or Mystery

In my files I have a dozen stories waiting to be completed. Stories range from the 18th century through the 25th century and I have often pondered what they all have in common. I've been told, as a writer, that I must choose a genre and stick to it! Otherwise you are starting over with your reader base with each new book. The fact that my current reader base is quite small, I am not too concerned. But I must hone my skills.

The next dilemma is that writers must read. So, I consider my reading tastes. Again a huge range of time periods and and genres.

Whatever am I to do?

Every now and then I think--what would happen if I combined the things I love to write? A modern novel with a historical/suspenseful twist. Hmmm.

Time for a little research.

No comments: